hrf

Saturday, May 24, 2008

So I Parallel Double Parked That Motherfucker Sideways

I went to the Zach Galifianakis-hosted Les Savy Fav Show/indie rock trivia night that New York Magazine was putting on at the Highline Ballroom in Chelsea on Wednesday. I got there late to trying to catch the tail end of the trivia part and the beginning of the LSFavy goodness, but Zatch had just started his monologue when I got there. Which was great since he is a comedian of comedy and all, but the trivia itself was too long and not very well organized, what with people blurting out answers and being douches (i.e. the eventual winners), although FOTP Greg was on the 2nd place team (dubbed Patty Lee), which was respectable. The show itself was most good, w/ Tim Harrington coming out on stage as everyone's favorite 4th grade science teacher, Mr. Z.

And Mr. Z and his band played songs from almost every album that they've spawned since 1997. Scout's Honor from 3/5, The Slip and Who Rocks The Party from The Cat & The Cobra, The Sweat Descends And Yawn 3x from Inches, Rome from the Emor EP, and Patty Lee and What Would Wolves Do from Let's Stay Friends. I have video for 3 of those, though it was kind of hard to film them w/ Tim jumping into and out of the crowd whenever he thank you pleased. But theys came out good for the most part. It's an neverending quest of mine to see them play a couple of songs that I haven't heard live yet. Those being Reprobate's Resumeh (my personal fav), Blackouts on Thursday, and Reformat. Also, I don't think I've seen an LSF show in Bklyn proper yet, which will hopefully change soon.

On Thursday I went to a Free wine/Ra Ra Riot's show/Live Art Battles/FOTP Party in SoHo on Greene street, which is like 5 blocks away from the apt. The 2 artistes there were creating works on the spot, and one of them did an killer rendition of flavor flaaaave and won the battle. And I had lots of cups of south Australian wines and Hors d'oeuvres and met FOTP's DJ friend Dominic, whose playing with them on Friday the 13fth next month. And Ra Ra Riot played to close out the party.

Last night I went to dinner w/ my dad and this old Indian mans who he plays tennis with. He won the equivalent of the Nobel Prize for math last year, which comes with a $920,000 reward. For being good at maffs. After that I went to Maya's place in the East Village and got drinks w/ her and Lexie at this place called Louis on Ave B. They had a giant bottle of Brooklyn Local One, but it wasnt as good as the Bklyn Weisse or Pilsner. I thought about going to the Susu loft party on Greenpoint Ave, but it was late already and I had gone out every day this week, so I cabbed it home. The end.









1-12. Les Savy Fav/Zatch Galifianakis
13-15. Going/FOTP/Black Swan Party in SoHo
16-18. Ra Ra Riot
19-21. Jesus Saves/Art Battles/Greene St.
22-24. Washington Sq. Park/Hoops 4 Sale/Silver Towers