hrf

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Double Double Animal Style w/ a Chocolate Shake

I went on a bidness trip to San Diego this week. We left from JFK on Monday morning and got picked up at the SD airport and driven to Carlsbad by one of the techs. I hadn't been to California in a long time, but I have family out there so it's like my other other home. We were staying at the Grand Pacific Palisades Hotel/Resort in Carlsbad, which was a few miles from the company that supplies us the EEG-monitoring equipment at Team Sleep. Our flight was delayed on the ground for about an hour b/c of the airplane take-off traffic jam at JFK, so we didnt get to ABM until like 330 after stopping for lunch on the way over from San Diego through La Jolla. So we met the crew and worked for like an hour and a half that day.

Then me and Nikia went to this Tuscan/Italian restaurant down the skreet from our hotel called Bellefleur. And used our per diem for a cornucopia of food, wine, and martinis. Calamari fritti, cheese medley, veggie risotto, filet mignon, pinot noir, palm one martinis, etc. Melissa from ABM picked us up on Tuesday morning and we went to the most laid back Starbucks that I have ever seen. People actually sitting and enjoying their coffee and talking. When we got there we learned how the AMP system is supposed to be run for when we got back to New York. And we got another laptop and briefcase to take back with us.

On a break me and this other tech Camille went to lunch at the In 'N Out Burger in Carlsbad. I hadn't been to one of those since I was 16 and living in Pasadena w/ my great aunt Soma for a couple of months. I got the double double animal style w/ a chocolate shake, and it was pretty amazing. When we got done at ABM we went back to the hotel for a bit and then to the Karl Strauss Restaurant/Brewery, which shared a parking lot w/ the Palisades. I don't really remember what we had there, but there was a really tasty amber lager, and a few other things. We flew back Wednesday afternoon and it took about 11 hours to get back to new york, using every kind of transport available except a fucking boat. It was fun though. The end.









1-18. Carlsbad, CA
19. Next Stop: Los Angeles
12,13. Little Boxes on the Hillside