hrf

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Welcome To 7 North

I started my new jorb last week. I'm working at NYU/Bellevue's Sleep Disorders Clinic. AKA Teeeeam Sleep. Theres a Pulmonary Function Lab on 7 North in Bellevue that's attached to the Sleep Clinic, and then a private clinic a few avenues over on Madison and 26th, which is called Sleep West. Or Omar's. I'm officially working as a Research Coordinator at Omar's, but I'll be splitting my time between there and Taco Bellevue. The Madison Ave office is a block from the park and Shake Shack and the Flatiron Building and lots of young professionals. Sleep Medicine fits my background almost perfectly, and I'm working with portable EEG machines and Neurocognitive Profilers and whatnot. And sleep monitoring programs with names like Minerva and Sandman. They are sending me and Nikia (the other research coordinator) to California on Monday for to train us at this company called Advanced Brain Monitoring. We're going to be in Carlsbad, CA (near San Diego) from the 12fth to the 14fth. And we're staying at the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel in Carl's Jr. for 2 nights. Dani and B will also be in Cali then, but in SF and LA whereas I'll be in the south near Mehico.



Speaking of America's Mexican, I had a pretty good Cinquo de Mayo. I went to go see Pattern Is Movement, Sightings, and Fuck Buttons at the Merc Lounge, but ducked out after P is M to meet up with Maya and go to her little bro's new apt in the East Village. It was on 2nd and 2nd, which was a few blocks from where I schwas. Her bro and his friends were grilling out and making very strong margaritas on the roof deck of the building with 360° view of the LES and Alphabet City. I have 2 videos from the Pattern Is Movement show (I have a 4 GB memory card in my Nikon now and can record for days). I think they are the only band that I've seen both at Cave 9 and the Cake Shop. There's no pictures yet b/c I'm still trying to set up wireless transfers with my new laptop. It's not working. Cheers.