hrf

Friday, April 11, 2008

Le Mans

I went to the sold out Man Man/These Are Powers show yesterday. I didn't get tickets until yesterday afternoon, I guess they released a few extra tickets into the wild before the show. I got the new album last week and had been listening to it a lot and was bummed that both their NYC shows were sold out, so I was pretty excited when tickets went back on sale. And I got good and toasted to celebrate that and the successful jorb interview I had at the NYU Sleep Disorder Clinic yesterday morning. Theres some pictures of the park near one of the locations of the clinic at Madison Square Park. I went to the Shake Shack to get lunch after I was done interviewing.

I got a pint of 8.5% Ommegawd Abbey Ale for the pre-show revelry, and am feeling the effects from it today. This band called The Extraordinaries were opening up for Man 2x and TAP, one of the members was playing a guitar shaped like a penguin. There Are Powers were on next, and they they sounded better than usual thanks to the upscale production values at BowBall (i.e. not a DIY loft space). Mans Mans closed out with an hour and half set of kitchen-sink gypsy-punk, or whatever you want to call it. It was pretty amazing though. The drummer had a hilarious drumface, and they had all sorts of Mans toys to play with.









1-3. Madison Square Park/Shake Shack
4-6. These Are Powers: Pat Noecker, Anna Barie, Bill Salas
7-21. Man Man: Honus Honus, Sergei Sogay, Chang Wang, Pow Pow, and Critter Crat