hrf

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All Aboard The Magic School Pus

Last night was the sextuple billed noise(and Dan Deacon)show at the Hotel du Market. Health, Aa, Black Pus, Knyfe Hyts, and Crime Novels were all there. And also Bradford Cox from Deerhunter/Altas Sound, but as a spectator rather than a performer. I missed Knyfe Hyts and Crime Novels b/c I was helping DJ Frenchkiss put together a playlist for her Sweet Ups gig on Saturday. Aa was on when I got there, and thought I had missed Brian Chippendale's set b/c the order wasn't the same as what they had posted on the site. But I asked one of the doormans and he told me that BP was going on next.

I tried to get up close to watch him drum, but that was easier said than done since he was playing on the floor and you had to fight through walls of noise and hipsters to get a glimpse. But eventually I did and got a few decent shots, to the detriment of my (and everybody else's) eardrums. Health and Dan Deacon were on after him and DD played a bunch of new songs. Then he formed the crowd into a giant circle and told them all that they had the plague and had one person run around in circles slapping peoples hands and 'curing' them and getting more people to join in the circle while everybody ran around as fast as they could. I have a short video of the beginnings of this, before it descended into darkness and gleeful chaos.





1-12. Brian Chippendale
13-15. Dan Deacon crowd
16. Showticket

2 comments:

aj said...

show was siiick. that disease circle was needed tho i was dying of lack of o2! i'm that dude in the green shirt in the back right behind his amp in a bunch of those pics. so thanks for getting me with b.chippendale.

$ries said...

woops, for some reason that came out as "aj". my post is under this blogger name. word!