hrf

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hundred Dollar Baby

My dad is going on sabbatical in London next year, from June to December of '08. He wants to sublet the apartment to me while he's gone, so I'll need to find someone who can pay half the rent and wants to live in the village for 6 months. Shouldn't be too difficult. I went to the Bowery Ballroom last night for to see Celebration/ Holy Fuck with Wrisley and her friend Maya. I think it was my first time there since Les Savy Fav. Effi Briest opened the show with their many-types-of-brooklyn-hipster-girl psychedelia. I saw them last month when they opened up for the Go! Team @ Studio B. They were a little better last night. Holy Fuck was amazing, kind of like a Canadian Hot Chip meets Tussle. And Celebration was halfway between the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and TVOTR, which is a good place to be. Pics from the show and video of War by Celebration, which is the first song on their first album. They ended the show with that. And I think one of the 17 members of Antibalas is in this video too. He's the little trumpeter mans at the right of the stage. Enjoy.






No comments: