hrf

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dutch Hex

It's been a long week. I was feeling a little under the weather during the middle of it, but things are better now. Me and Belinda and Tony Tejas DJd at the Alligator Lounge in Billysburg last weekend, and then went to Le Gamin for Natalia's birfday brunch the next morning. After that we went to a Scandinavian sample sale at the Toast Agency in Soho and a White Rabbits show at MHOW later that night. On Sunday I went to a free Dim Sum and Stella party w/ Lexie and Maya at the Chinatown Brassiere in the East Village.

Then I took it easy for a couple of days, but went to the Susu show at Rehab on Wednesday w/ Anthony and Bex, who came over the next night to watch the Top Chef finale on the projector. When we got done with that I went out to Legion in Bklyn to say bye to Belinda before she flew out to Dauphin Island for the weekend, and ended up staying out there for awhile and DJing w/ this guy Casey, who wants to book us for more gigs.

On Friday the 13th I went to the special Oneida show at The Kitchen, but I was working late so I missed most of the show. But I did catch the last few songs from The Wedding, and then they ended on a 20-minute version of Sheets of Easter, w/ a full orchestra and lightshow. Which was pretty amazing. After that I went to the Death By Audio Zombie Party w/ Fiasco, Bat Attack, and Pterodactyl. I only saw Fiasco play, because it was a fucking furnace in there, but they were awesome. They were like Lightning Bolt Jr. Then I walked over to the Royal Oak for the FOTP 3rd Anniversaire, and talked to DJ Dom Rocket and his girlfriend and had a few drinks.

Yesterday I tried to go see Vampire Weekend Weekend and Kid Sister in Central Park, but it was raining and the line was like 2 miles long, so I headed down to Times Square to see the new Increda-Hulk movie instead, which was decent. And I capped the night off at the Professor Murder/Hearts of Darkness/This Show Is A Rainbow show at the Cake Shop last night. Prof Murder killed it, it was one of the best shows i've seen in awhile. The new Season of Weeds starts tomorrow, and I might go see Love Is All at the Bowery Ballroom. I think thats about all.




1-3. The Alligator Lounge
4-9. Fiasco Zombie Party
10. Susu
11. Brooklyn Industries Window Display
12. Shake Shack
13-15. Central Park
16. This Show Is A Rainbow
17. Hearts of Darkness
18-24. Professor Murder