hrf

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Electro Pagan

I went to go see the Liars & No Age last night at Warsaw in Bklyn. It was at the Polish National House, which was a really nice venue. The main room looked like the general assembly auditorium at Altamont, and they were serving Pierogies and Kilbasa in one of the rooms. And Okocim and Żywiec were the beers of choice. I walked through McCarren Park to get there, and arrived kind of early so I had time to check out the venue and sample a few polish brewskies.

I had been wanting to see the Liars since 2003, when i first got into them, and now i have 5 of their LPs, 3 EPs, and a split w/ Oneida. So they share top billing w/ Les Savy Fav in my music collection. And the performance delivered on my expectations for their live show. Angus Andrew, Aaron Hemphill, and Julian Gross seem to have gotten even more solid since their heady dancepunk days. And the tribal, electro-pagan vibe from their German witchcraft album is still going strong. No Age was a good choice as opener, and the room was completely packed for both bands. Pictures below, and im uploading two full-song videos to Youtube right now.

No Age


Liars




No comments: