hrf

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Your English Is Good

These are from the Monster Island Block Party, the East Village Radio Festival, the semi-secret Tokyo Police Club show at the Mercury Lounge, and Lightning Bolt at Bushwick Backyard. I also uploaded basically the entire first Tokyo Police Club EP to my Youtube Channel , and also a Big A Little a vid from EVR.

I got into the VIP for the EVR fest, thanks to my new friend Melissa Mary, and I got there in time for Big A Little A at the Todd-P side stage, and Boris on the main stage. The TPC show was later that night, I had been wanting to see them for a couple of years now and I have a new appreciation for Elephant Shell after seeing them live. Monster Island was fun, even with Hurricane Hanna looming outside, coating Brooklyn with a warm tropical rain. The only annoying part was goddamn hipster Wavy Gravy fucking up the sound during the Ex Models' set. And Lightning Bolt wasn't as good as the 2 shows I went to the summer that I first got here, but it was still Lightning Bolt.

Tomorrow is The French Kicks & Passion Pit at Bowery Ballroom, Friday is the FOTP No Big Deal party at Alphabeta in Greenpoint, Saturday its These Are Powers & Marnie Stern at the Silent Barn, Sunday is Pinback at the Bowery once again, and then the Dodos on Monday at the new Spiegelworld venue at the Seaport, which looks amazing. That is all.










3-8. Monster Island / Oneida
9-11. Woods / Ex-Models
12, 13. EVR Fest
14. BCPD's Drum Kit
15-20. Aa / Boris
21-26. Tokyo Police Club
27-35. Lightning Bolt